Small-Group Tour of Oak Alley and Laura Plantation from New Orleans
Idiomas del recorrido
- Recogida y vuelta en el hotel incluidas
- Guía profesional, simpático y preparado
- Todas las entradas incluidas
- Salida por la mañana o por la tarde
- Tour de grupo reducido
Head along the Great River Road on the shores of the Mississippi to Oak Alley Plantation. During your 1.5-hour tour, admire the mansion's Greek Revival architecture, and listen to guides in period costume talk about the lives of those who called the plantation home. Afterward, enjoy some free time to walk under the spectacular canopy of 28 giant live oaks on the plantation grounds.
Leave Oak Alley and continue along the Great River Road. Pass Whitney, St Joseph and Evergreen plantations and learn about their histories from your guide before arriving at Laura Plantation, a lovely Creole plantation surrounded by sugarcane fields. After seeing the mansion, explore the outbuildings and lush flower and vegetable gardens. Your 1.5-hour guided tour finishes up in one of the slave cabins where the West African folktales that inspired the Br'er Rabbit stories were said to be recorded.
Following your tour of Laura Plantation, reboard your van for the ride back to New Orleans. Your 5.5-hour Louisiana plantation experience ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Detalles del programa
Seleccione un mes para ver un calendario de disponibilidad y los datos de la salida.
Tour departs from downtown New Orleans and French Quarter hotels only
Haga clic en el siguiente enlace para ver los precios y la disponibilidad en la fecha de viaje seleccionada. Nuestros precios son actualizados constantemente para que usted siempre tenga a su disposición el precio más bajo posible.
Departs at 8:30am
USD104,99Detalles de los precios
Departs at 12:30pm
USD104,99Detalles de los precios
Oak Alley Plantation
- Transport by air-conditioned 13-passenger van
- Guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Laura Plantation
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
Opiniones de viajeros recientes
Opinión de: Suzanne R, mayo 2015
This was a great tour, our guide john was great would recommend
Opinión de: Rebecca A, mayo 2015
We were very impressed with the knowledge and enthusiasm of our tour guide at Laura Plantation. I believe his name was Ethan. Having never heard of the Creole plantations, this was an amazingly educational experience for us. Our van guide Ginnie kept everything running on time and on schedule. Her narrative as she drove us out to the plantation was very thought provoking. I was very interested in her explanation of Hurricane Katrina, the levies, and the aftermath of the storm. She provided us with an exceptional vacation experience